USAA Life and Health Insurance Rep II in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
Find Your Purpose. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking a talented Licensed Life and Health Insurance Representative II for our San Antonio, TX call center. The start date for this position is June, 2018.
The Licensed Life and Health Insurance Representative helps to ensure the financial security of our membership by facilitating the acquisition and retention of life insurance, health, and related products.
- Receives inquiry or request for advice or service from current members through various channels, including phone calls, emails, and faxes.
- Asks questions to discover key information and life events and understand need or problem.
- Documents relevant information.
- Recognizes life events, understands and assesses the member's needs, financial situation, and goals.
- Makes recommendation(s) and motivates member to take action on recommendation(s).
- Overcomes objections using intermediate sales techniques and persuasion skills and implements recommendation(s).
- Educates the member on how regulatory changes will impact a product.
- Articulates benefits and motivates the member to acquire and/or retain various life insurance and health products through inbound and outbound member communications.
- Ensures adherence to company and regulatory practices.
- Supports enterprise business goals through the achievement of individual referral and product acquisition goals.
- Demonstrates proficiency in moderately complex life insurance and annuity skills, processes, and products.
- Employees in Senior Segment acquire and apply knowledge of complex Long Term Care, Medicare solutions, life insurance and annuities to assist members with choosing and managing best products for their needs.
- Employees in Senior Segment work with brokered products and act as an agent for the member.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.
- 4:30 p.m.
- The total amount of training time lasts approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Availability to work anytime during our operating hours Monday - Friday between 7:30 a.m.
- 8:00 p.m. Overtime shifts should be expected and would apply from October 15th - December 7th due to high call volume.
- 30% Shift Premium pay (work scheduled after 6:00 p.m. M-F)
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1+ years' customer service and/or sales experience.
- Current (or unexpired) and maintenance of Life/Health license.
- Experience multi-tasking in a Windows operating systems environment.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years' life and/or health insurance industry customer service and/or sales.
- Experience selling Medicare products, Medicare Supplement, Med Advantage, and Prescription Drug Plans.
- Current/Inactive (not expired) FINRA Series 6 & 63.
- Chartered Financial Consultant or related designation.
- Chartered Life Underwriter or related designation.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 27,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Life and Health Insurance Rep II TX-San Antonio R0019368