HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Remote Revenue Cycle Insurance Manager (WFH) in Irving, Texas
RemoteRevenue Cycle Insurance Manager (WFH)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES–Coordinates activities of Operations Supervisors and 30 staff engaged in collection of customer accounts, in a highly automated call center environment. Responsibilities include managing team to goals and objectives, reporting operational results to the Director and other Senior Manager, interviewing, hiring, and training both hourly employees and supervisors; assigning, and managing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
SUPERVISOR–Senior Operations Manager/Director Operations
SUPERVISES– Operations Supervisor, Collections Specialist or Support Specialist
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensure that collection policy and procedure are followed to maximize collections, with the best customer service at the lowest cost. Manage all team goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with Supervisor, full shift floor support for team members
- Work with the call center technologies to enhance operational performance
- Participate in coordination activities with other managers in a highly developed team environment
- Maintain a working knowledge of all call center operations and associated facility processes, while communicating and documenting change.
- Assures compliance with departmental policies and procedures
- Assists the Sr. Manager and Operations Director in establishing and monitoring productivity standards, quality improvement and directing staff in meeting department goals.
- Manages the activities of Operations Supervisors
- Manages the activities of Team Representatives
- Screen, interview, hire, train, and evaluate new and existing employees
- Counsel staff with disciplinary and productivity issues
- Work as liaison between the collection staff and other NPAS staff
- Resolve issues escalated by a Team Leader and/or staff
- Conduct staff meetings
- Operational project management as assigned by Sr. Manager, director
- Build business strategies and action plans to ensure company goals are being met
- Work to create career paths for hourly associates
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “ Mission and Value Statement”
- Attend Privacy and Security Training as required by the HIPAA Awareness Program and comply with all guidelines, policies and procedures to assure sensitive or confidential information is protected in accordance with the HIPAA rules and regulations
- Monitor and Analyzes unit trend to determine changes that may cause a decrease in overall performance or collections
- Work with outside vendors to improve overall performance
- Act as a resource on projects
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Analytical –using analysis or logical thinking
- Organization- proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication- communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
- Customerorientation- establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills- able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills- demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Leadership- guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Tactical execution- oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Project Management- assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Policies & Procedures- demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basicskills- demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
- Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements. EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
- Minimum three years’ Revenue Cycle Experience with a focus on Insurance Collections required.
- Management of Remote Staff Preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS–Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel to division data center and/or other facilities may be required.
OSHA CATEGORY–The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
Parallon is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Remote Revenue Cycle Insurance Manager (WFH)
Location: Texas-Irving-PAS - Dallas
Requisition ID: 01690-147373