Cigna Customer Service Rep Associate - 6/4/18 Start in Austin, Texas
Do you enjoy helping people? Do you thrive in a fast paced, customer focused environment? Then start your rewarding career as a part of our growing Customer Service team! Cigna is one of the largest and fastest growing health insurers in the world. As a Customer Service Associate, you will help and work with customers and members to improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
At Cigna, we invest in you. As a Customer Service Associate, you are offered extensive, paid hands-on-training, and a supportive post-training environment to pave your success. Cigna encourages career development and offers continuing educational resources, internally and externally, to help you in your career advancement.
Our Customer Service Associates respond to inquiries regarding benefits, billing, eligibility, coverage and other related information and provide solutions for policy holders, agent brokers, and health care professional via phone and/or email. Creative problem solving, critical thinking and empathy skills are essential. Professional interaction, active and passive listening skills and the ability to utilize computer- based resources in a highly effective manner to educate and provide accurate responses to inquiries is crucial for success in the role. And most importantly, the innate ability to be compassionate and empathetic while handling complex customer inquiries is a requirement.
Our Customer Service Associates major responsibilities include:
• Professional interaction with customers and business partners both internal and external
• Capacity to retain and utilize information, facts, policies, procedures, resources and codes to ensure accurate and efficient responses
• Able to manage real-time inquiries while keeping track of and responding to commitments to follow-up with customer inquiries
• Compliance with HIPAA regulations and Cigna guidelines
• Demonstrated ability to service customers across all call platforms as required by business need
• Flexibility to support extended hours as determined by business needs in order to meet customer expectations
• Desire to meet or exceed goals associated with Average Handle Time, Schedule Adherence and Quality; while using efficient and appropriate work practices
• Ability to meet or exceed established goals for both the Inbound Call Monitoring Audits and surveys
• Participation in team and general Call Service meetings to support organizational goals
You are the right person if you have:
•High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
•Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems required; call center experience a plus
•Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); high level capacity to multitask independently and on a computer (dual monitors)
•Knowledge of Medical Terminology is a plus
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
•Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced, customer focused production environment
•Customer Focused – a genuine desire to help people
•Active listener – the ability to offer options while providing confident responses
•Problem solver – the ability to understand issues and enjoy solving them.
•No time off during training
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: Austin-Texas
Work Locations: 11200 Lakeline Blvd, Ste 100 Austin 78717
Job: Bus Ops--Customer Service
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 27, 2018, 2:01:34 PM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.