AmerisourceBergen Corporation Pharmacy Technician, Data Entry in FRISCO, Texas
Title: Pharmacy Technician, Data Entry Location: United States-Texas-Frisco Job Number: 00001LSZ
Under general direction of the Data Processing Supervisor, acts as the patient’s advocate to ensure that the prescribed drug therapy and pharmacy care plan are followed as prescribed and also meet the medical, social and personal needs of the patient. Must be proficient in data entry- including Prescription validation, Prescription Set Up and Prescriber Verification.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must convey professional communication with physician offices at all times both orally and written.
- Responsible for proper communication and documentation of clarification requests and follow up, including documenting progress in OSRX and Pathpoint Rx.
- Answers and resolves internal inquiries within committed timeframes.
- Responsible for making outbound calls to Physician offices to request prescription refills and/or to request updates on pending prescription clarification requests.
- Receives written prescription clarifications or refill requests and must verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Complies with all appropriates policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Understands the physical, psychological and social challenges of specific disease states and assists the patient and Pharmacy Care Coordinators with drug therapy and pharmacy care issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires three (3) years of experience in a healthcare related call center environment, physician's office or social service environment. Must hold unrestricted, current state license as a Pharmacy Technician in resident state as required by state law.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Pharmacy Technician License is required (CPHT) Strong oral and communication skills necessary. Computer literacy with MS Office application such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong time management, organization skills, initiative, professional demeanor and positive attitude. Attention to detail, quick study, self-motivated, proactive and the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative. Job: Operations Jobs