Land O' Lakes Senior Credit Representative in Fort Worth, Texas
The Corporate division encompasses the core operational support for all Land O’Lakes businesses. It includes Corporate Strategy, Corporate Communications, Land O’Lakes Foundation and Community Relations, Finance, Law, Member Relations, Facilities, Event Strategy, Security, Human Resources, Information Technology, Corporate Marketing and Government Relations.
The Sr. Credit Representative reports to the Sr Credit Management Analyst and offices in Fort Worth TX. This position is responsible for managing the risk and receivables of an assigned accounts receivable portfolio of trade credit customers in the Feed and Ag industry.
The duties include:
- Determines credit worthiness of new and existing customers within assigned authority level.
- Enforces the appropriate AR terms and limits by reviewing credit applications and references, analyzing the customer's financial statements, and utilizing credit reports and other Industry Credit information.
- Resolves account inquiries from customer and internal staff, handles collection negotiations, as well as reconciles customer accounts.
- Participates on a call center team for the company's invoice management process.
- Manages credit and collection risk of an assigned portfolio within company policy and authority.
Completes other office duties and projects as assigned by their Manager. Required Experience & Education
High school diploma required along with a minimum of 2-4 years’ prior relevant work experience in credit, customer service, collections, account reconciliation. Preferred Experience & Education
Bachelor's degree (or pursuit of degree) in Business or related field strongly desired. Required Competencies
Strong skills in working with numbers (math), keyboarding, problem-solving and risk analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Email, Word, and Excel).
- Demonstrate a basic accounting knowledge.
- Must have strong telephone and office communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written), ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, solid critical thinking skills, strong negotiation skills, results-driven, strong organizational and prioritization skills, and a can-do attitude
- Must have strong analytical skills and to be able to think outside the box
- Must be team-driven results oriented
- Must be comfortable working with customers mostly via telephone communication.
Possible minimum travel required.
Prior knowledge of JD Edwards ERP system would be very beneficial and helpful for this position.
- Prior work experience in the area of Business Law, accounting, banking, account receivables strongly desired.
*EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing. *
Primary Location: US-Texas-Fort Worth
Job Function: Finance and Accounting
Job Type: Experienced
Job Posting: Oct 2, 2017
Req ID: P-5694